Sunday, August 13, 2017

Spiralizing Zucchini



Today was a cooler day for August and I had several zucchini waiting to be used. I decided to bake some goodies using some zucchini and freeze the rest for later use.


First I brought out my spiralizer. I've only used it once before and it was so easy to prep my zucchini with it last time, so it was used again.


I had previously debated on getting a spiralizer. I didn't want another food prepping item sitting around not being used and questioned if it was just another fad item to buy.

One day while out shopping, I was up to $85.00 for items I either wanted or needed and had a coupon for getting $50.00 off by spending $100.00. Spending another $15.00 would mean less total money spent. Sounds crazy doesn't it?

I am usually annoyed with these type of coupons because I have the hardest time finding that last item to buy when I'm not looking for it in the first place. However, spending $50.00 instead of $85.00 for items I did want or need was a no-brainer.

So I went on the search for something I would actually want or use for around $15.00. I came upon the spiralizer for $20.00. I figured I would either use it or gift it, and added it to my other items to purchase.


The spiralizer box sat in my basement for about six months before I finally decided to bring it up and try it out. I am so very glad I did!!

The spiralizer was so easy to use. I just put the blade in, put the zucchini in front of the blade and turned the handle using a bit of pressure to move it forward. It goes super fast and the zucchini turns into the longest strands of spaghetti noodles you've ever seen!!


I then measured and bagged the noodles into two cups each and stored in the freezer for later.


I plan to use them in soup, cupcake, brownie and bread recipes.


Stay tuned for a great zucchini brownie recipe to come!!









Disclosure: The Excalibur Dehydrator link under "Other Sites" is an affiliated link. If you make a purchase using this link ~ you will receive free shipping, along with other specials. I also earn a small percentage to help support my blog. Thank you, your support is appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment