Monday, September 7, 2015

3 Indispensable Sauerkraut Tools!


How did I ever get along without this glove?! Remember when I nearly sliced the tip of my finger off making Cabbage Into Kraut? Well now I don't have to worry about that anymore since I picked up this fillet glove used for cleaning fish!


Because I suffered for a few weeks from this minor injury, this glove is the #1 indispensable tool for making my fermented foods. I use it for shredding and slicing anything and everything, and it works like a charm!

The #2 tool I love is this collapsible funnel. Before I bought this I made the biggest mess trying to stuff cabbage into the jar. Now the only mess is inside the funnel, not all over the outside of the jar.


And the #3 indispensable tool I recently purchased is a couple of the Perfect Pickler fermenting tools. It makes kraut making easy!


I wish I would have purchased these three tools before making my first batch of sauerkraut.

Below is a photo of the Perfect Pickler in action. As you can see, it fits any wide mouth size canning jars.


Since the photo was taken several weeks ago, I am enjoying this sauerkraut and will be making more throughout the year now that I have all the right tools!


Disclosure: The Excalibur Dehydrator link under "Other Sites" is an affiliated link. If you make a purchase using this link ~ you will receive free shipping, along with other specials. I also earn a small percentage to help support my blog. Thank you, your support is appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment