Thursday, August 13, 2015

Black Bean Salsa


Here is a delicious alternative salsa recipe that I made based off of two similar recipes. One recipe was from Once Upon A Chef, and the other one was from Knead to Cook.

First I washed and rinsed all my vegetables.


Even the limes received a bath.


Next I opened the cans, rinsed and drained the black beans, drained the whole kernel corn, and put them in a large bowl.


The other vegetables needed to be sliced and diced.


Or chopped. Each being added to the bowl.


I added all the remaining ingredients, minus the avocados and thoroughly mixed them together. I added the avocados last, lightly tossing them in order not to mash them up too much.


Black Bean Salad

Two 15 oz. cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
One 15-1/4 oz. can of whole kernel corn, drained
One large yellow pepper, diced
One large red pepper, diced
One large onion, diced
Half bunch of cilantro, chopped
2 t. minced garlic
1/4 c. lime juice (one lime)
2 T. virgin olive oil
1 T. sugar
2 t. Himalayan salt
Two avocados, diced, added last

Place all ingredients, except the avocados in a bowl and thoroughly mix together. Add avocados and lightly toss. Serve with chips.


Disclosure: The Excalibur Dehydrator link under "Other Sites" is an affiliated link. If you make a purchase using this link ~ you will receive free shipping, along with other specials. I also earn a small percentage to help support my blog. Thank you, your support is appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment